You will meet 1-on-1 with a Coach for a total of 5 sessions over the course of 2 weeks. The sessions are appropriate for most able-bodied adults, and no baseline level of fitness is expected. Each session will cover 3-5 new movements and then end with a workout that can be scaled up or down according to your abilities.
Together, we will create a solid foundation so you can enter group classes with a basic technical understanding of our movements & exercise philosophy, and with the confidence that you can tackle any challenge.
You will also spend time with a coach to discuss basic nutrition; the real foundation any worthwhile exercise and wellness program. Depending on the Foundations program you select you will receive a 30 or 60-minute nutrition consultation, an InBody biometric scan to determine your body composition baseline and help us establish attainable goals, and Gold plan members will receive a customized 4-week nutrition plan and accountability coaching. Either way, it is an easy approach to nutrition and wellness.
What to Expect
Learning the basic athletic wisdom of starting slow, prioritizing movement quality, and training intelligently can drastically improve your experience and reward you for years to come.
Therefore, your workouts will:
- Focus on technique and movement patterns before heavy loads – Proper form must always come before even moderate weight and we are firm believers in teaching proper functional form before asking you to lift a weight your body may not be ready for.
- Be challenging, but full of celebration, not judging – Egos and criticisms are completely unwelcome.
- Teach you what weight you should start at for various lifts.
- Identify the need for considerations that can be made for movement restrictions, etc.
- Provide basic protocol around the class structure and equipment use and care.
- Familiarize you with pre-class mobility movements, proper stretching, and cooldowns.
- Teach you how to listen to your body and understand that successful training is a long-term cycle of gradual improvements.