Each session will cover new movements with an emphasis on technique and safety and then end with a workout that can be scaled up or down according to your abilities.
Together, we will create a solid foundation so you can enter our SXG60 group class with a basic technical understanding of our movements & exercise philosophy, and with the confidence that you can tackle any challenge.
*The Foundations Program is required for all new members that do not have prior barbell fitness experience.
What to Expect
Learning the basic athletic wisdom of starting slow, prioritizing movement quality, and training intelligently can drastically improve your experience and reward you for years to come.
Therefore, your workouts will:
- Focus on technique and movement patterns before heavy loads – Proper form must always come before even moderate weight and we are firm believers in teaching proper functional form before asking you to lift a weight your body may not be ready for.
- Be challenging, but full of celebration, not judging – Egos and criticisms are completely unwelcome.
- Teach you what weight you should start at for various lifts.
- Identify the need for considerations that can be made for movement restrictions, etc.
- Provide basic protocol around the class structure and equipment use and care.
- Familiarize you with pre-class mobility movements, proper stretching, and cooldowns.
- Teach you how to listen to your body and understand that successful training is a long-term cycle of gradual improvements.